The Teach & Learn in Spain Program was established in 2008 with an aim of offering native English-speaking students the opportunity to earn a Master’s Degree and gain experience in a school in the region of Madrid (Comunidad de Madrid) as a language assistant.
Now offering six different Master’s degrees, the Teach & Learn in Spain program allows students to practice what they study via a blended learning method. This is a yearlong academic program (September-June), with on-site classes on Fridays from 3:30-8:30 pm. Each M.A. Degree offered is accredited by the Universidad de Alcalá and includes 60 ECTS credits.
Master’s Degrees Offered
- M.A. in International Education
- M.A. in Learning and Teaching Spanish as a Second Language
- M.A. in Teaching
- M.A. in Bilingual and Multicultural Education
- M.A. in School Management
- M.A. in Global Higher Education
Who Can Apply?
The requirements to apply are the following:
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree before the start of the program.
- Have earned a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale in your undergraduate degree.
- Be a native English speaker with a Passport from one of the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Canada, the United States, the Philippines, Ireland, India, Malta, New Zealand, Portugal, the Netherlands, South Africa, the United Kingdom, or Sweden. If you have a passport from another English-speaking country, please contact us about eligibility for this program.
- A recommended B2 (intermediate) level of Spanish, or a C1 (Advanced) for the Masters in Aprendizaje y Enseñanza del Español como Lengua Extranjera.
There is also an interview as part of the application process. After sending in the online application, applicants will be contacted by the Teach & Learn in Spain program to schedule an interview.
Cost of the Program
We offer three funding options to our students to best suit their individual needs.
Financial Aid (Option A): Students who request a placement in a charter or private school can apply for Financial Aid and Tuition remission through the application form. There are a limited number of placements.
- A stipend of between €600 and €800 per month (9.5 months)
- Health insurance
- Tuition remission
Tuition with School Placement (Option B): Admitted students who apply for a placement in a public school as a language assistants will get a monthly stipend and will pay tuition.
- €1.000 per month (9 months)*
- Health insurance*
*These conditions are subject to the Comunidad de Madrid´s Language Assistants Program and may vary.
Tuition for Option B students is €3.800 for the yearlong program.
Tuition (Option C): Admitted students who apply for this option must pay tuition and already be placed in a teaching-related program/field. Students will receive the following:
- Health insurance
Tuition for Option C students is €4.200 for the yearlong program.
All program fees, health insurance, orientation, graduation, and some events. Housing and associated costs for this program are the responsibility of the student.
There are many attractive programs in Spain, but not many have the privilege and honor to be named as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - not just the city, but also the university. Alcalá de Henares was the first city to be designed and built solely as the seat of a university and serves as the model for other centers of learning in Europe and the Americas.
This is the medieval city of Cervantes and Don Quijote, where you can see storks flying around (they have their own Youtube Live Stream), have some of the best tapas and be immersed in history. Alcalá de Henares is the gem of a city located only 30 minutes from the center of Madrid and 20 minutes away from the airport. Alcalá has a buzzing international presence but still maintains its Castilian charm.
Want to Know More?
You can check out our students’ blog at http://franklinstudents.com/ to read more about the Teach & Learn experience!
Borsa di studio Keystone
The Instituto Franklin de la Universidad de Alcalá is the only University Institute for Research on North America in Spain. Founded in 1987, its activity focuses on postgraduate research and education ... Ulteriori informazioni